Any oversights or errors when buying or selling a business could run into millions or billions of kwachas, which is why due diligence is so important. Our experienced team provides financial and strategic due diligence to market corporates, banks and private equity houses transactions.
Our job is to examine every aspect of the deal to give you a thorough independent and balanced view of the risks involved. It helps you to stay in complete control of the transaction, reduce the risk of post-transaction surprises and give a sound base from which to plan your post-deal integration strategy.
Acquisition, disposal and re-financing due diligence
The scope of our due diligence review is based on your specific requirements but at a minimum will give you answers to the following questions:
- Is the information provided by your target, and on which you are basing your investment decision, reliable?
- Are the historical earnings of your target business sustainable?
- What are the potential future earnings of the company?
- How do reported profits convert to cash?
- Are there possible synergies associated with the proposed transaction?
- What are the immediate and future tax consequences of your proposed transaction?
- Is the structure of the transaction appropriate?
- Is the purchase price reasonable given the results of the due diligence process?
- What warranties and indemnities should you ask for as part of the deal?
- How is the completion mechanism structured and how do you maximise value from this process; are there any ‘deal breakers’?
How we can help you
- Assist you in making the right decisions during the transaction process, providing impartial and robust advice.
- Provide a full range of financial, taxation, commercial, operational, pensions and employment due diligence services.
- Work with you to understand your strategy and investment rationale and agree the right approach on each and every deal.
- Add real value to your transaction by focusing on the key matters, such as those likely to affect the price or cause post-acquisition issues.
We get off the fence and tell you what we think about the issues that matter to you.