Martin joined BDO Zimbabwe in 1994 as a trainee auditor, became a Supervisor in 1998 and a Manager one and a half years later. He briefly went to work in the industry in 2002. He became General Manager-Finance for two companies in a listed group. He is a past Board Member of various private companies chairing one of them. He re-joined BDO Zimbabwe as a Senior Audit Manager in 2004 and was later appointed a Partner in 2007.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) – (1995)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Accounting (1999)
- Chartered Accountant (Zimbabwe) CA(Z) and CA (Mw)
- Practicing Member of Malawi Accountants Board (MAB)
- Chartered Accountant and Resident Practicing Member Malawi
- Certified Public Accountant Malawi CPA(M)
COUNTRIES OF WORK EXPERIENCE:
Zimbabwe, Malawi and Namibia.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE SUMMARY
- Specialist in Not for public and mining sectors, insurance entities, pension funds and medical aid societies.
- Adjudicator for the national awards for Corporate Government in Zimbabwe for the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators in Zimbabwe (ICSAZ). Adjudicators are tasked with reviewing annual reports for listed entities to establish the extent of compliance with governance matters.
- Has been a partner for close to eight years. Until 2013, He was responsible for the Audit Department training activities (development and implementation of the training programme) and technical matters of the firm, ensuring the firm is up-to-date with all relevant standards, laws and regulations.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Zimbabwe (ICAZ) Senior Vice President.
- He has a thorough understanding of Malawi Tax, Malawi Law including most recent major directives issued in Malawi and Accounting Standard developments by FASB; IFAC and Basel II. He has also been involved in risk advisory services, forensic audit, fund management, corporate finance and due diligence